Columbia Basin Trust (CBT) is looking for a Chief Operating Officer for its Columbia Basin Broadband Corporation (CBBC) subsidiary — certainly one of the most important technology positions in rural British Columbia.
CBT is looking for someone who can:
- Work with communities and rural areas to connect them to CBBC’s network
- Facilitate use of the network and broadband infrastructure
- Pursue commercial, business development and education opportunities created by the network and the services available through it
- Oversee network management
- Provide leadership and guidance to the broadband team
- Explore opportunities to generate revenue with the network, and
- Explore and pursue opportunities to expand the network
They are looking for someone with:
- a post-secondary degree with 10 years’ experience including at least 5-7 years of senior business management experience
- financial management acumen
- the ability to adapt to evolving circumstances in communities and respond to community needs in a respectful and effective manner
- the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- a demonstrated ability to focus on and meet client and customer needs with innovative and creative solutions, and
- a track record of successful execution of large-scale, complex projects
Knowledge of broadband connectivity challenges and opportunities in rural communities would be an asset. The ability to work with a board of directors would also be an asset.
Interested? Here’s the job description.
Resumes and cover letters, along with salary expectations, are to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm on Thursday March 2, 2017.